Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Emergency Unlock

Have you ever found yourself in the situation where you leave your keys in the car? Or even worse you have the engine on and the doors locked, but your are outside? I have. All this and even worse (like leaving the baby inside the car), can be avoided with what I just did. I took the unlock wire (which is actually a ground wire) and made a junction to another 10 foot 20 gauge wire, then I soldered the wire to a momentary push button, then another wire to a ground point on the chassis. With this I can put the push button anywhere under the vehicle (right now I have it 2 feet off to the left of the engine block). So if you leave your keys in the car as well as the family dog and the baby in 110 degree heat you can just slide under the car push the hidden button and unlock the doors. This can be a real lifesaver if your forgetful like me. I will post pictures in the morning.

No comments: