Sunday, November 23, 2008

Alt doing good so far

Well the new Alternator in my car is doing great, it starts off at 14.4 volts and drops down in-between 13.4 to 13.8 volts when the battery is charged/car is hot. wich is nominal I used my 200 amp current meter and it actually shows more current when the alt is hot (13.5 to 13.8 volts) about 175 amps, but that is to be expected at the voltage is lower. This is a 3g alt s othe voltage tapers off when the battery is charged and it can whip out 122 amps (13.5v) at 800 rpm engine idle. This is probably the best alt I know of. Also when the car is hot and the voltage drops the voltdrop from current draw is smaller (100 amps at 14.4 drops down to 13.4, at 13.4 it drops down to 13.2) this right here tells me the alt is doing peachy. Hopefully next week me and Bracket Man can take off the front end of my car and get a larger belt so I can use the H bracket he made. I keep forgetting to take pics/videos of my car. Tomorrow I promise to take some pics.

No comments: