Friday, November 21, 2008

21 Inch Subwoofer

All Hail the Pyle Pro PDW21250. I bought mine here.
Anyway I have one in my car and one in my garage waiting, I'm paying my friend Kyle to build the box this time around, 60 bucks for the box is pretty damn cheap. And yes I'm putting two in my car without taking out the rear seats. Anyhow, 107dB at one watt with a 22Hz response is some pretty damn good stuff. The one I have now at 60 volts into it (250 watts) putts out 128.5 dB according to my aircraft dB meter. But because the surface area is so large the sound travels real far with less power than that. Also at 8 ohms these things draw less current (they are voltage hungry) but less current = longer life and less THD. Basically look for an amp that can put out high voltage (volts = the square root of watts x resistance), look for a high RMS rating at 4 ohms, it will be half of that power at 4 ohms. Right now I'm using a Profile AP1200 for the sub, and because they are 8 ohms I can wire both in parallel on the bridged output giving me the same power I had at one, (250 watts) but now it's 250 watts into each sub. I plan on getting the box done next week.
And pictures!!!
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: