Friday, November 21, 2008

Well I got my Alt installed, Kyle (now called "Bracket Man") tried to make an H bracket but he made the mounting holes to low so it would not work with my current belt. However my bracket will do, even though the alt is about 3 degrees of kilter, it shouldn't hurt the car in the long run. The belt will be changed out when Bracket Man can help take the front end off of my Sportage. I really should take some pictures of us working, but alas we are typical to busy. I have tested the car around town and never exceeded 50mph (4000 RPM's) and the belt held. The only issue is the voltage drop, the alternator's Internal regulator apparently drops the voltage fro m14.4 to 13.5 when the battery is charged, this isn't a problem mainly because at a 120 amp load the volt drop is only 200mV (0.2V). So all in all everything is going smoothly. I might even add a second alt to the car with the help of Bracket Man.
This picture is slightly out of date, after driving, the alt moved by one degree, and the picture's view angle makes it appear as if the alt is perfectly centered. I'll update in the morning, along with some pictures of my SUV.
(Yes it's 4 gauge wire, heavy stuff.).
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: